Wednesday, December 15, 2010

A joyous season

First let me say, if you are still checking in to this sad little blog - thank you! I've had so much to say that I get overwhelmed and don't know where to start! So let me first recap you on this road we've been on the last few months!

1. Got back safe and sound from Guatemala
2. Started full time contract work with Head Start of Greater Dallas - got an office and everything!
3. Started feeling a little funny around mid-August
4. Found out I was pregnant and due in April
5. Patrick got a new job
6. Found out we are having a boy right before THanksgiving
7. Here we are!

So I'm 23 and a half weeks pregnant and feeling great! We are having a baby BOY around April 11th and go in for our 24 week appointment to hear that beautiful heart beat on Monday before Christmas. We are so excited! Right after Guatemala I started feeling like my life needed some more adventure. The trip was incredible, so out of my element and the Lord walked me through it the whole way. As I was thinking, man life in the states can be so dull, WHAM - I'm pregnant and from what I hear boys might be the biggest adventure of them all!

During this joyous season, I am so thankful for my Savior, who left his throne to be a BABY, a dependent, tiny, helpless baby for me, for my son. I think about Mary, how hard it must've been to not be married, to have to trust God when there was no room in the inn. I just bought a new bed so I could sleep more comfortably... she gave birth in a stable. I listen to joyous sounds of CHristmas music and my son kicks me and tumbles around, her son is who we sing about. So this Christmas is extra special for us and having two weeks off to enjoy it is a special bonus in this business walk by faith.

Merry Christmas to you and yours, unto us a son is given...

No comments:

Post a Comment