Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Overwhelmed

One of my New Year's resolutions was to start reading my Jesus Calling devotional again. It's such a great, applicable, relevant and efficient way for me get into God's word. Apparently I'd had the same new year's resolution last year because my hand writing had scratched out a prayer for job security with the upcoming birth of Jack. It's fun to look back and see what God has done for me. Today I got to write my follow up to that request. God has allowed me to stay with Head Start part time contract! I was confident he would work it out and he did, I could feel him saying "I will handle this." I felt so overwhelmed by his kindness to me. Kindness that I could make some extra income doing something I enjoy with people I enjoy, and kindness that I can be with my son 95% of the time. This sparked me to pop over to tomorrow's devo and my chicken scratch over there, in which I had written the verse Isaiah 40:11 "He tends the flock like a shepherd: He gathers the lambs in his arms and carries them close to his heart; he gently leads those that have young." How KIND is our savior! I am so thankful I don't need all the answers to raising Jack, to finding balance, because he gently leads me. SO thankful.

No comments:

Post a Comment